As several of you may know, I ran for School Board in 2015. And I still have the passion for Kids in our wonderful community.
I was born and raised, in Detroit, Michigan. I have been married to lovely wife Tasha Davis for twenty-five years, however, I have been blessed enough to have known her as my best friend for over 30 years.
Like many of you, we live in Spotsylvania, VA. This is where our two children, sons Blake and Michael were raised; and I am proud to say that both of them have attended our local schools, and graduated from Courtland High School.
I am also proud to say that both currently are Graduates of James Madison University.
As for me, I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Technology from Norfolk State University and studied Electronics Systems Engineering (EE) at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) in Monterey, California. I’ve also studied Divinity at Eastern Nazarene University.
Additionally, to share some of my leadership and operational related background, I’d like to share that I am a retired Marine Corps Officer. And Now, I’m currently working as a DoD contractor as a Acquisition Subject Matter Expert (SME) with over 24 year of experience.
General background information:
-Senior Pastor and founder of True Faith Community Church in Fredericksburg, VA. (56 Joseph Mills Dr. Fredericksburg, VA 22408)
- Vice Chairman on the Spotsylvania Community Budget Review Committee (CBRC)
- Served as the Vice Chair on the Spotsylvania School Board Advisory Committee.
- Scholarship Board Member for the Travis Bird our Commonwealth’s Attorney- Hometown Heroes scholarship program
- Serviced as Executive Director for FAFMOI Ministries (which focuses on ministering to those who are and have been incarcerated and their families as they transition out of prison)
- I’m currently a member Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity Fredericksburg Alumni Chapter, where I serve as one the Executive Board Members and I am the Committee Chairman for Kappa League Mentoring Program. Kappa League is a youth LEADERSHIP organization that is focused solely on the personal development, academic achievement and college and career preparation of its young members.
- I have served as the President of Spotsylvania 7117 Branch NAACP
- I’ve also served on several leadership program and Boards such as:
- the Executive Board
- Rites of Passage
- Teen Summit
- Great Debate